Forge Dallas Training
The Forge Mission Training Network was founded in Australia by Alan Hirsch, author of The Forgotten Ways and The Shaping of Things to Come with Michael Frost. Forge has recently come to America and has also placed a Hub in Dallas, Texas.
Forge Dallas offers multiple venues for training including, but not limited to:
- 9 Month Residency- cohort-based mission training and experience (can be done part-time or full-time).
- 9 Month Church Learning Community Residency - cohort-based learning experience. Designed for lead pastors who are asking the question, "How do we reach the 60% of the population that will never walk through our doors?"
- Special Events-periodic training sessions highlighting local and national speakers to provide a taste of Forge.
The Forge Mission Training Network is driven by five key educational philosophies:
- Context is Key-all training is done to help the student live out mission in his/her context.
- Inspirational Information-all information communicated is aimed to teach and motivate.
- Practitioner Teachers-all teachers in Forge are practitioners of mission.
- Action-Reflection Learning-all students are required to reflect learning on their experiences.
- Imagination and Innovation-all training is geared toward inspiring creative thought.